Senoia Animal Hospital- New Check-in and Check-out Procedure during COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
We here at Senoia Animal Hospital want to reassure everyone that we are taking every possible measure to limit the exposure of the Coronavirus and maintain a safe, healthy work environment to our clients, staff, and community. We are trying to limit the direct contact we have with each other during this time and that is why we feel like we to make some adjustments to our everyday protocol for at least the next 10 days. Please be patient with us as we make the following changes:
- Upon arrival at the hospital please remain in your vehicle and call us to let us know that you are here.
- After we receive your phone call, we will check you in as soon as possible from outside the hospital
- One of our staff members will take your pet inside for his or her appropriate treatment, then the doctor will come outside to talk with you and go over their exam findings/treatment plan
- If you feel like you need to be inside with your pet please fill free to discuss that with the practice manager or the veterinarian on staff for that day.
- We will be taking all credit cards over the phone or we can come out to your car for cash or check transactions.
- If you are picking up medications, food or your pet from boarding please call us when you arrive, remain in your vehicle and we will bring your items/pet out to you.
- And lastly, if you are not feeling well or maybe at risk of being exposed to the coronavirus please remain at home and send someone else in your place.
We want to ensure that the staff is taking its own set of safety precautions here inside the clinic. Our goal is to remain open for the public so we can be here to take care of your fur babies when you need us so we are following the CDC and AVMA guidelines during this time. We are doubling up on our cleaning around the hospital, staff members are taking their temperature before every shift to ensure we are all fever free and any staff member that is not feeling well is staying at home for our safety and yours. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns and we will do our best to answer your questions. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this time.
The staff of Senoia Animal Hospital